Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

Case
05-05-2020 8:21 am

We just put up a new chat update for bowling today that hopefully will resolve some of those issues for people.  I recommend people use Chrome, Opera, or Firefox with the new changes.

Case

Sandy19577
05-04-2020 8:57 pm

Glad I`m not in this league rofl lol

SexySouthernGirl
05-04-2020 6:46 pm

In our Bowl Of Fun league we set some basic rules for members wishing to bowl in a given tournament.  And so far we have had no real problems with freezing.  First rule: bowlers must clear their browser cache within the last 5 minutes prior to a tournament starting in which they are to bowl.  Second rule: during tour game play chatting is kept to a minimum.  The tour director gives a 1 minute warning before starting.  Everyone responds "ready".  Then nothing else is entered into chat until final scores are reported.  And this minimal chatting continues through round two and round three if tour goes that far.  Once tour is finalized and winner is announced everyone is free to make their congratulatory remarks.  This has worked extremely well for us and tours are running flawlessly.  Five minutes before next tour starts, everyone repeats the cache-clearing and rules observations.  Hope this helps.

Case
05-02-2020 5:55 pm
ahgfl007 wrote:

Well that didn't stop it from freezing in the 10th frame, so I went to Brave Browser which while it is slightly faster than Chrome, it too did nothing to stop the game from freezing. Do you have a real solution for the freezing problem, or not?  Even the members of my league "Thunder" have been having similar problems during the games.

I'm afraid there is no "one" solution that addresses each person's issue.  With HTML5 based games you are at the mercy of thousands of possible configurations that impact the browsing experience.  We had one user who was not able to connect to chat reliably and it turned out they had a VPN privacy plug in for Chrome.  Even when it was turned off one of the settings in it made our chat unstable.    The same thing has happened with other popular ad blocking plug ins, where it thought a method we were using to reload the high scores was trying to show a bunch of ads and blocked it.

One of the main reasons we suggest people try Opera or the Opera Gaming browser isn't so much that it is a better or super faster browser it is because most people are not using it and so they have not loaded it up with a bunch of plug ins, menu bars and add ons that can impact the game.

I realize this may seem like a frustrating answer.  I am just trying to illustrate that there are many variables.   If there was an easy solution we would have done it by now.   We have some more ideas to try to make things better but we can only do that with detailed reports from users and collecting data on their browsers.

If you are consistently freezing I would appreciate it if you could try disabling chat and seeing if the freezing goes away.  I know that is not a long term solution by any means, but it can help us determine if it's the game causing the freeze or the chat or something else.

Thank you,
Case

ahgfl007
05-02-2020 8:17 am

Well that didn't stop it from freezing in the 10th frame, so I went to Brave Browser which while it is slightly faster than Chrome, it too did nothing to stop the game from freezing. Do you have a real solution for the freezing problem, or not?  Even the members of my league "Thunder" have been having similar problems during the games.

Case
03-02-2020 8:10 pm

Hi there,

We are aware that some users are having issues with their browser freezing while playing.   The latest up to date tips will be linked on the "Freezing Help" button until we have solved most of these issues.

We are recommending to anyone who is having consistent freezing problems to give the Opera browser a try.   You can download it from https://www.opera.com/.   It is a very fast and modern browser and has worked for a number of users who have tried it.

If you are having problems please post detailed information here about what is happening.   When does the freezing happen?   Is it at the same time (some people have said they freeze when they click the emoji button, for example).

If you fixed a freezing problem by changing a setting or changing browsers please also post so we can help other players get their systems in good shape for Case's Arcade.

Thanks,
Case

Board footer