4. » Post a reply

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

lindaglenn102
04-10-2020 12:49 pm

I am head admin of gpaddicts and we have been holding allot of tours, nearly daily and some of my players are freezing.

SexySouthernGirl
04-10-2020 4:59 am

Hi Crazytimegal.  I too have noticed an increase in "freezing" recently, but I do know that Case and his team have been hard at work on various aspects of the site which may account for some of it.  As for your choppy game play...I get that too and it is usually a signal for me to run my Ccleaner program to clean old internet temp files and cookies off my machine.  This always fixes the problem for me.  The free version of Ccleaner can be downloaded from the author's website at Piriform.  Best of luck to you!

CRAZYTIMEGAL
04-09-2020 11:13 pm

I have been reading all of the comments above and I have not seen any that have had the issue our team of the dragonslayers had last Wednesday night. There were only five of us bowling at the time and we kept freezing, very often. At one point, I was frozen so long that the other players bowled 5 frames before I could bowl again, and then the speed meter was slow and jerky and it was very difficult to get  bowler set and bowl.
It wasn't just me, other players had the same issues. 
I have bowled on here many times and do quite well when I bowl alone, and to me it just felt like it was bogged down with just 5 people. We are expecting most of our bowling league to move over here from pogo with us soon, so I hope this problem can be corrected. When I bowl alone I have no problem, so I don't think it is my bowser, which is Microsoft Edge.
Thank you for listening
Crazytimegal

LdyGDiva69
04-01-2020 11:09 pm

hi ya'all. Im LdyGDiva69, co-admin on TwoSteppers League. How do you determine who is a mod for a league room and where do we look to find out??  Also, is there any way to block or boot a non league member from the room if they are harassing a member? I'm trying to learn this new venue and puzzled about many things.

SexySouthernGirl
03-25-2020 7:39 am

We DEFINITELY want to run tournaments!  On Pogo we held "challenges" (which was just another name for "tournament") in the "Bowling For Fun" room.  In fact those "challenges" are still ongoing at this time.  They are held Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday afternoons and evenings.  So no...we are not looking only for a "private room" but for a place to compete as well.  I hate others created rooms and then went back to Pogo or elsewhere.  But those of us signing onto our league are here to stay.  We all plan to sign up for MVP.  I will just as soon as I can get back to work.  Right now, my employer is shut down due to Corona Virus and I'm out of work until they open again.  But will be an MVP as soon as Corona Virus passes.  We will work on the 20 players.  We have 7 signed up so far this morning.  Thanks!

Case
03-25-2020 5:07 am

It certainly could be related to lower number of players in the room!   There is no difference in servers at all at this point, they are all connected to the same databases and web servers.  The goal is to try to provide a smooth experience in all our rooms.   There certainly is room for more optimizations and we have some in mind.

On the league room issue... The way it works is once you get to 20 players who are signed up on the MyLeague that was created, Cyndi can use the "Request a Room" button on this site.  The room will be created immediately at that point, but you need 20 players on the MyLeague first.   This was our attempt to prevent a million rooms from being added to the system.

I'm just curious, will you guys be using the features on MyLeague such as the tournament tools or did you only create the league in order to get a room here?   We are thinking about how we want to handle future room requests outside of MyLeagues so I appreciate any feedback.

Case

SexySouthernGirl
03-24-2020 7:02 pm

Hey Case!  Cyndi set us up a league room today called "Bowl Of Fun".  Dee and I have already "joined" her league.  But our room is not showing yet on the list.  Do we have to have a certain number of members join before it shows?  We should have a dozen or so by the weekend.  If you can see the room...come join us!  See ya!  -Kim

SexySouthernGirl
03-24-2020 10:10 am

Oh...by the way...I bowled only about 20 games in the league rooms last night...and FIVE (5) of my 42 perfect 300 games came in those rooms last night.  Like I said...noticeably smoother...  -Kim

SexySouthernGirl
03-24-2020 10:08 am

I bowled in a half dozen of them late into the night last night and I want to mention a few of the things I noted.  First let me say I've been on cases for awhile now and have bowled 1086 games (42 perfect 300 games) and my average stands at 244 currently...so I'm quite familiar with the "public" rooms.  Last night I was amazed at the smoothness of bowling in the league rooms.  The bowler slid smoothly into my preferred position...the cycling of the power meter was much smoother...and the swinging of the aim arrow was also smoother.  These three are rather "herky-jerky" (choppy) in the public rooms and I have to clear my browsing data often to keep them manageable.  I was wondering...since league rooms appear to be on "myleague"...are they then located on a different server than "cases"?    And could the "choppiness" of the public rooms vs. the league rooms be caused by the online numbers being greater in the public rooms than the league rooms?  Thanks in advance for your time in explaining...  -Kim

Case
03-24-2020 6:29 am
SexySouthernGirl wrote:

Hi yall.  I have noticed a couple dozen "league rooms" going unused at this time and was wondering if it was okay to bowl there as well as the "public" rooms.  Was told by another member it was okay but would like to get a definitive answer from the site administration.  I just don't want to break any rules here or get in trouble.  Thanks!

Also...with online numbers here struggling to reach 100 at any given time...it would be somewhat difficult to get 20 people online together at the same time in order to run a "league".  Would you consider creating 5-member "teams" that could compete against one another in "tournaments"?  Cinderslove (Cyndi) was team captain of my team on Pogo and we had a blast with it.  She might be receptive to the idea of creating another team here.  Anxious to hear your thoughts.  Thanks again...    -Kimberly

You can bowl in any of the empty rooms you would like!  We will have other ways for rooms to get created in the future, we just started with using MyLeague as a starting point.  We will be removing league rooms that are not in use for a period of time, so if you care about the stats within that room that is one thing to be aware of.

We also expect the player count will increase unless Pogo decides not to update certain games.   We will continue to improve this site as well as start to promote it to users on MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder once we get a little farther along with the features, too!

Case

aau8513539
03-24-2020 4:32 am

Kimberly, I can't answer your questions regarding just going into a league room and playing, I myself see no qualms in it.  What I can say is; You don't have to have 20 people online together to run a league/league room. I hold tournaments in the league room I requested from Case on a daily basis. Never do we have 20 people together. The 20 people you are referring to is how much a room can hold, not how many you must have.

SexySouthernGirl
03-23-2020 6:30 pm

Hi yall.  I have noticed a couple dozen "league rooms" going unused at this time and was wondering if it was okay to bowl there as well as the "public" rooms.  Was told by another member it was okay but would like to get a definitive answer from the site administration.  I just don't want to break any rules here or get in trouble.  Thanks!

Also...with online numbers here struggling to reach 100 at any given time...it would be somewhat difficult to get 20 people online together at the same time in order to run a "league".  Would you consider creating 5-member "teams" that could compete against one another in "tournaments"?  Cinderslove (Cyndi) was team captain of my team on Pogo and we had a blast with it.  She might be receptive to the idea of creating another team here.  Anxious to hear your thoughts.  Thanks again...    -Kimberly

Board footer