#1 03-02-2020 12:02 am

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

Option to disable confetti

Can we please get the option to disable the confetti after leveling up..Every time i level up I have to reboot the room because of a lag

#2 03-02-2020 1:31 am

Case

Re: Option to disable confetti

Thank you for reporting that issue!   It is certainly something that we can consider adjusting in the future.   May I ask what browser you are using?   Perhaps there is a bug that we can track down and fix.

We would like to do more special effects in the future (like for beating your own high score, etc) so it would be good to figure out what the issue is.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#3 03-02-2020 4:43 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

I too have to refresh the page after confetti flies because it totally messes up the timing on the power meter and aiming arrow.  If I dont refresh...every roll is a gutterball after confetti flies.  I use Google Chrome browser.  I too would like to see a "confetti off" toggle...or maybe replace the confetti with a simple popup that says "Level Completed".  Thanks for listening!  Its refreshing after coming from Pogo where the hierarchy has deaf ears!

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

#4 03-02-2020 5:03 am

Case

Thanks for adding another voice to this one... I have reduced the amount of confetti that is gloriously thrown in the air after leveling up, you might need to reload the site for this change to take effect.   Perhaps we can see if that helps things?   I went through five or six levels and I didn't see any change in how my arrow was working.... I suspect this might be based on your browser and computer speed, etc.  So toning it down a little might help solve it.

I don't have an issue looking at adding an option to disable it if it continues to cause people problems but I'd rather get to the bottom of it so we can do other cool stuff without messing up the game.   There also may be a way I can auto-detect if people's computers can handle certain features and automatically disable them if we can figure out what's causing it.

Thanks,
Case

#5 03-02-2020 5:23 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Thanks Case.  I will refresh now and let you know if it helps or not.  It COULD be my PC...its not the latest technology...my boyfriend built it for me...has 8gb ram and a true quad core CPU (AMD Athlon II x 4 @ 3.0ghz).  Maybe I just need to sweet talk Daniel into building me a newer one smile smile smile

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

#6 03-02-2020 7:04 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Sadly...NO...the reduced amount of confetti DID NOT solve the problem.  Everything went into slow motion when confetti flew.  The aim arrow swung mind-numbingly slow...butch the bowler almost fell asleep before letting ball go...and could have fixed a sandwich in kitchen before ball got to pins.  So I'm casting my vote for a "confetti off" toggle...like the "sound off" toggle.  Or maybe replace it with a quick congratulatory popup for completing level.  The running joke in room 2 is that bowlers are slipping and falling due to confetti on floor.  LOL!  smile smile smile

#7 03-02-2020 10:54 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

Something need to be done with the confetti freezing me up everytime it pop up on my screen...How am I supposed to host or play in tours like this?

#8 03-02-2020 10:57 pm

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

Lowering the amount did not work for me. I have used google chrome and IE and a couple others with no change

#9 03-03-2020 6:13 am

Case

Thanks everyone for the additional feedback on the confetti. 

Case

#10 03-03-2020 7:14 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Case...at your suggestion...I installed the Opera browser last night.  It DOES seem to yield slightly smoother graphics when the confetti flies...and the confetti seems to clear the screen quicker.  It also seems that my power meter and aiming arrow are not affected as severely as with Google Chrome.  I DO...however still see the flashing anomaly regarding the borders/frames around each of the game frames across the top.  I also noticed that the frame around the "sound off" in the upper left corner...and the frame around the "X out" box in upper right corner both flash too.  The flashing is a minor irritating distraction while trying to focus on the power meter and aiming arrow.  The flashing is not in any sort of "rhythm" but flashes almost like morse code.  Hope this helps.....

#11 03-07-2020 6:06 am

stonecold8005
Website

hi guys ive come across another possible tip that may help others as it seems to have helped me a bit is i play on the oprah gx gaming browser on an incognito window and on full screen mode seems to make the power meter move smoother and the game as well gl in your games

and thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so

#12 03-07-2020 5:39 pm

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Thanks Stone...will see if I can figure out "incognito" window...full screen should be easy enough...

#13 03-07-2020 7:55 pm

Case

I have noticed the flashing occasionally also and have been trying to track that down, but the pin issues have been higher priority.

Case

#14 03-08-2020 5:12 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Thanks Case!  I have noticed fewer "leaners" this morning.  And just a tip...in Opera GX i notice the "flashing" becomes more pronounced when i turn the radio on.  Do you think maybe I need more ram in my PC?  I have 8gb right now...

Board footer