#1 05-31-2023 4:54 am

Case

Chat Upgraded - Pool Updates

Hi everyone,

We have updated the chat software, you will notice some new changes. The new chat has many bug fixes and features that we can more easily adjust moving forward. It also uses less resources and should be more stable.

Also, we have released an update to Pool that updates the multiplayer code and removes the pause when you try to chat or switch windows to check tournament status, etc.  Please let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 05-31-2023 9:26 am

jhobs1
MVP Member

Re: Chat Upgraded - Pool Updates

The edit is not working for me the box is cut off so I cant see the options is anyone else having this issue?  I did manage to delete but cant edit, also the dark grey makes it hard to see what you wrote if you are trying to edit your text, I did send a screen shot to the programmers yesterday about these issues. This was happening using Chrome browser, Thanks

Last edited by jhobs1 (05-31-2023 9:37 am)

#3 05-31-2023 11:47 am

iterri36
MVP Member

Hi, I have been experiencing things in the chat but not everyone I bowl with has had it yet. On Tuesday I had a black background in chat with white text. That was alright but in tours the hosts have blue text  & I could not read it unless I hovered my mouse over it. Today I have the black background with black text which is impossible to read. The hosts chat is the same as yesterday in blue & you have to hover mouse over it to see it.

My edit & trash are also not working properly. It is cut off so I can't see the "edit" all I can see is the bottom of the trash can.

Last edited by iterri36 (05-31-2023 11:49 am)

#4 05-31-2023 2:24 pm

SSG1969
MVP Member

I notice that "dark mode" is now disabled...
I really liked dark mode...it was easier on the eyes especially when you host for 3 hours straight.
Reduced font size in "players present" area is not helpful.  Light blue text against a bright white background makes it even worse.
A poll taken last night during tours revealed that nobody likes the "upgrade".
But if this is the shape of things to come...I guess we will have to learn to live with it...

Last edited by SSG1969 (05-31-2023 2:29 pm)

Co-Admin of 69ers League

#5 05-31-2023 3:09 pm

Case

Hi all,

Dark mode should still be available!

We are investigating why some people are not seeing the right colors and font sizes.

If you could let us know what browser you are using that would be helpful!

Thanks,
Case

#6 06-01-2023 2:28 pm

Sissy00697
MVP Member
Website

i wanna say i hate the chat bein dark its hard on my eyes, and i to also host so if ur stairin at it for hrs it kinds blinds u i rather it be back to white ty

smile

#7 06-01-2023 4:08 pm

lori56

can we adjust names & people coming in bingo room, as it is to light,

#8 06-01-2023 6:08 pm

UMPrf6

Myself and another host in our bowling league are having the same issues as iterri36. She uses a PC and I use a Mac. She tried with several browsers (Chrome and Firefox) and so did I (Brave and Firefox). Neither of us has grey mode activated. White text on dark grey is okay but black text is not, neither is the blue text when you are moderating. I can't see what I have written. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

#9 06-03-2023 9:40 pm

Case

The issues with the black text should be fixed now!

Case

#10 06-04-2023 7:07 am

OUTLAW
MVP Member

the chat couldnt be better.

#11 06-11-2023 10:08 pm

midnightrider70
MVP Member

what happened to the poker game

#12 06-13-2023 5:35 pm

Case

Poker is coming back soon!

#13 06-14-2023 6:49 am

SSG1969
MVP Member

Case...dark mode is back.  Thanks!  But names in player box are still incredibly small font while messages in posted in chat are overly large.  Still light blue text on gray background in player box makes it hard to read especially with small font.  But overall the chat feature is improved over its previous startup version.  BTW I'm running Linux Cinnamon Mint OS with Chromium browser.

Co-Admin of 69ers League

Board footer