#1 05-06-2020 8:01 pm

Micmon224

Canasta

Hi Case!

Well, Pogo has "done it again," unfortunately! Please Case, make a CANASTA game ASAP!

The new Pogo CANASTA HD is a disaster!
1. If you & your friends don't 'Create A Room' with a mutually pre-arranged name -
    you'll NEVER FIND your friends!

2. If 1-2 friends set-up a 2 or 4-person room and start to play ---expecting the other
     friends to join-in ---in any moment/a few minutes later---  Pogo won't let those other
     players join the game in progress!

**Pogo's old/Classic Canasta style always let friends join-in &/or leave
     ----as needed --- with CHAT always present. **

For example, in our Dragonslayers league, we finish our bowling tourneys every night
     by 11 - 11:15. Then we handled "bathroom biz," grabbed snacks, drinks, etc & went to Classic Canasta to chat and relax some more! We could come & go: trade places to let friends play in the same room (as in 6 of us in a 4-some room!), whether sleepy/bedtime for early AM jobs/appointments, with headache/colds/meds to take, our elderly/sick/loved ones to check on, our dogs & cats made comfortable, & LIFE!

**If Case ever wanted to gain more activity for its site --here's your opportunity! Carpe Diem!**

I would ask, if possible, that the league room requirements be relaxed here a bit from the usual 20 to 10?! Some cards-only leagues that play Spades, Canasta, Euchre, Poker, Pinochle, etc, won't ever have problems getting the usual 20 Active players for a private room. Our league has interested Canasta players, but not enough for a 20 person requirement. Please also make 2-player style and 4-some style options! TY in Advance!!

TY for Listening, Always Case! smile
Micmon224, Head Admin: Dragonslayers

Head Admin: Dragonslayers; Psalms 46:1 & Galatians 5:22 ~Aries~ ~Gwendolyn Brooks' Poem: Weaponed Woman ~Maya Angelou Poems: And Still I Rise; Phenomenal Woman;
On the Pulse of Morning

#2 05-12-2020 10:41 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

Re: Canasta

I agree Mic I loved pogo canasta now it a hot mess. You make a Canasta with a lobby like pogo used to have and I will tell all my friends who love canasta to play over here. Ty Sandy19577

#3 11-05-2020 7:46 am

Micmon224

Re: Canasta

Hi Case & Staff!

Do you remember back in May, I asked about a Case's Arcade version of Canasta? Please re-visit my comments/request for a great Canasta game, here!!

Have you been trying to create one for us, please?

With the imminent crash of Java & FlashPlayer at the end of the 2020, with Pogo's present & limited tourney game choices, with several important league games from Pogo vanishing because the commercial license play agreements with Hasbro, Milton-Bradley, etc that don't appear to be renewed ---and especially, our leagues' staple/main game of Pogo Bowl bowling about to vanish for an HD overhaul after Dec. 1st [---Who knows for how many months that "overhaul" will require, as the new Dice City Rollers HD (DCR) took 10 months to overhaul --- Frankly, I truly believe there wasn't that much detail to improve overall; plus, I believe Pogo's DELAY  to release DCR, SOONER than those 10 months, was purposely timed and planned!].  MyLeague/Case's Ladder leagues desperately need more alternatives, please!

The games you provided us, so far, I'm sure, have given Pogo a good & necessary SCARE ---to retain its PAID memberships! The return of Pogo's Dice City Rollers (DCR), barely a month ahead of the Pogo's Dec. 1st FlashPlayer ending deadline ---is absolute proof that Pogo has made numerous mistakes, has showed its disrespect and ignorance of just how important league play is to its site! Already, DCR-HD game play among leagues and non-leagues players has really increased --Pogo knew full well how important this game's league history is!

I keep trying to convince my members "to see the light" and that the changing computer games technology will also effect their day-to-day life activities, past 2020, too!

We know the tweaks and games don't happen easily!   
TY Always for Listening, Case!

Micmon224, Head Admin: Dragonslayers

Head Admin: Dragonslayers; Psalms 46:1 & Galatians 5:22 ~Aries~ ~Gwendolyn Brooks' Poem: Weaponed Woman ~Maya Angelou Poems: And Still I Rise; Phenomenal Woman;
On the Pulse of Morning

Board footer