#1 05-16-2020 7:42 pm

Case

Bowling Pins Updated Again Today - State of the pins update...

Hi all,

I have done another pin update and had some regulars test it this afternoon.   It is live now.  This version of the pins more closely matches what was happening with the old pins, just with tweaks to hopefully reduce pins standing back up and sliding too far while trying to preserve enough pin movement for good action to pick up strikes and spares.

I realize it has been frustrating for many of you as we make changes to the games.  It is not our intent to forever keep making changes but I think everyone agrees there has been room for improvement.  I am sorry we don't have the magic wand that gives us the best settings right from the start but with the wide variety of playing styles, computer speeds, etc sometimes it does take a little while to get things to the sweet spot.

Our goal here is to be player supported by you guys without relying heavily on advertisement or sponsors to do so.  And while I totally respect that some players feel the need to "vote with their wallet" after changes I hope that many of you recognize you are all part of helping to build a great gaming site.  That means sometimes for a day or two the game might not be just as you'd like it, but over the long term we hope to get better and better as we grow.  The only way to do that is to take feedback from the players and keep trying to make it right.

I definitely encourage everyone to help test in the Bowling Test Room when we are trying new changes.  That is the best place to get us the feedback we need without it disrupting the main game.   In the case of the most recent updates we had received very good feedback on the changes that went live this week.   We may look at a different way to handle that in the future to make sure more players have a chance to test changes.

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 05-16-2020 8:37 pm

lmall6
MVP Member

Re: Bowling Pins Updated Again Today - State of the pins update...

Thank you for adjusting it

#3 05-17-2020 12:13 pm

RailwayLil

this is like ridiculous keep changing the pins and always testing them the way the pins were a couple days a go was great people crying over cause they couldn't get 300's all the time shouldn't be getting 300's all the time that is so boring to me I think it would be exciting getting 300's once in awhile then getting them all the time if that is the vase with the game I will be bowling less cause it bores me  RailwayLil

I really like the pins the way they are had stopped playing bowling as much as I used too cause it was boring game was way to easy people should not be getting 50 or more 300's in a day what fun is that the way the game is keeps me wanting to play RailwayLil

#4 05-17-2020 1:30 pm

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

So it bothers YOU that WE was getting 300s. What does it matter to you how many 300s WE are getting. There is no trophy for anything nor a cash prize to be won. I find it ridiculous that YOU are worried about how many 300s people are getting.

#5 05-17-2020 4:07 pm

Case

I think some people are bowling for fun and to chase 300s and others are playing with tournaments in mind.  In tournament play I think people are wanting a higher level of difficulty so that if you miss one strike you aren't instantly knowing you are done.   We may make changes to allow rooms to adjust pins to their liking so they can have tournament and fun play settings.

Case

#6 05-17-2020 4:27 pm

sensiluv3

I can't get a 300 game now but I think it's great !!!  The pins are not doing the Michael Jackson moon walk now,they are falling over.I find the pins acting the most realistic now than ever.I play in league tournaments, and if people can achieve 300 games at will,a tournament would never end.Baffles me as to why anyone would want to be able to bowl 300 games at will.Where is the challenge in that? Thank you Case and your team for all the  hard work and effort you put into this site.I will be going to a MVP member and will try to get some on my league to do the same.This gaming site is the future for leagues and a blessing to have since flash player will be killing most of all the other gaming sites.THUMBS UP to the people who run this site.

#7 05-17-2020 5:34 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

Here my thing...I dont get 300`s all the time or do I care if I get 300`s...I do care that the pins are not the same now and when I could pick up the 7 9 split I cant with new settings...It not sliding anymore like it did.

#8 05-17-2020 8:29 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

RailwayLil wrote:

this is like ridiculous keep changing the pins and always testing them the way the pins were a couple days a go was great people crying over cause they couldn't get 300's all the time shouldn't be getting 300's all the time that is so boring to me I think it would be exciting getting 300's once in awhile then getting them all the time if that is the vase with the game I will be bowling less cause it bores me  RailwayLil

You wouldnt feel that way if you was getting 300`s Lil. I dont play in any tours in cases I just play against a couple of friends for fun :-D

#9 05-17-2020 9:11 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

hi case
The reason I`m dropping my membership has nothing to do with the way the pins are. And I never realize we could vote on any changes that were made to any game. I have yet to see the voting booth where we can vote yes I like change or no I didnt care for it. My beef with the membership is that I dont have $75 dollars I can pay out all at once As I have REAL bills I need to pay each month. So I pay by the month and because I pay by the month I get none of the perks that the $75 dollars a year people get and then a picture beside my is all I get for $8 dollars a month... I`m sry call my cheap but I would really like to have a little more then that for 8 dollars a month. I dont pay pogo that much each month and I can play any game I want ever the new releases w/out waiting a week. And I got a feeling the badges will only be for plus members also.So get it right I wasnt trying to tell anybody a lesson I just feel paying 8 dollars a month just to have a pic beside my name really not worth and I wish this site all the best bowling was mostly my only thing and now that it gone what the point. good luck to everyone else tho smile

Last edited by Sandy19577 (05-17-2020 9:12 pm)

#10 05-17-2020 11:49 pm

Case

Sandy19577,

I was not pointing the finger at anyone in particular in regards to cancel memberships, if you felt that way I am sorry.  The MVP program is still new and early and we will continue to add features to it.  Don't forget you also get to pick your ball colors, track extra stats such as strikes and spares, and we do provide high priority customer service for ALL MVP players.  Badges definitely will not be for plus members.

I am not sure the best way to get people to vote on changes is.. We posted in the message of the day and also in the forums letting people know we were testing changes.  We cannot force players to test things out and have to rely on the feedback from the ones that do test.

All I was saying is that people should not panic when we make changes because we do care and listen.  We have continued to tweak things after we got a negative reaction every day or two and we will continue to try to get it right.   At the same time, we recognize that we can't make everyone happy and I know it can be hard to go from an easier game to a harder version.

Case

#11 05-25-2020 6:29 pm

certifiedcrazy12
MVP Member

the new pins are bad ball hit the pens and bounced of like the pin was a pole and it dint matter how i play strikes are in and out

#12 05-27-2020 5:03 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

Hiya Case
Can you just fixed the bowling pins so we can play again....so sad sad

#13 05-27-2020 7:36 pm

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Case wrote:

I think some people are bowling for fun and to chase 300s and others are playing with tournaments in mind.  In tournament play I think people are wanting a higher level of difficulty so that if you miss one strike you aren't instantly knowing you are done.   We may make changes to allow rooms to adjust pins to their liking so they can have tournament and fun play settings.

Case

It seems to me that after the last pin mods were implemented the pins seemed heavy like lead.  But I have noticed since then that they have been relaxed and I'm guessing Case "loosened the screws" on them a bit.  In our league we love the pins now and I generally get two 300 games daily (sadly not usually during tours LOL).  In our league we don't really care that much about chasing 300 games.  It's more about fun and comradery for us.  I've seen virtually no complaints in our league room by league members.  300 games are still rolled in our tournaments daily (although someone other than me usually gets them LOL).  So they are not IMPOSSIBLE to achieve.  And my average has only fallen by 2 pins on the new mods so that's not much.  Perhaps it might be a good idea Case to have selectable pin sets.  As for our league we're happy with the way they are currently.  Thanks!

Last edited by SexySouthernGirl (05-28-2020 7:38 am)

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

Board footer