#1 05-22-2020 7:11 am

lindaglenn102

permission to clear conversations

will you please give permissions so we can clear conversations. We thought we cleared them and come back the next day or so and they are still there. 
tks

#2 05-25-2020 6:58 am

Case
MVP Member

Re: permission to clear conversations

Clearing history only impacts the user side right now, it is meant to erase things to try to speed things up, etc.  We can adjust things for history but it applies site wide so it is something we are looking into right now.

Most people seem to enjoy being able to have some context of the conversation when they enter a room.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#3 05-25-2020 2:32 pm

Micmon224

Re: permission to clear conversations

Hi Case,

I appreciate our having an on-going conversation/context "roll" as we enter our league rooms!!

One of Pogo's major flaws without this "roll" leads to misunderstandings & conversation delays, as people try "to catch-up: "guess the topic, grasp the 'inside' (& good-natured,) joking, understand emotional intent from words &/or emoji, etc.

If there could be a programming feature for Moderators & Head Admins, within league rooms, to erase chats from 1-3 days ago, I think that would satisfy many of the leagues who want to erase "old" chats (--which also exists within all leagues' CBOX accounts and allows deletion of variable amounts of old CBOX chats @--> www.cbox.ws  --then add your league's name or Admin's name )

I also realize that some of these conversational "rolls" aid with documenting inappropriate members and visitors! I'm assuming that Case's servers save most/all of these chats automatically, and this should continue.

TY Case

Head Admin: Dragonslayers; Psalms 46:1 & Galatians 5:22 ~Aries~ ~Gwendolyn Brooks' Poem: Weaponed Woman ~Maya Angelou Poems: And Still I Rise; Phenomenal Woman;
On the Pulse of Morning

Board footer