#1 06-20-2020 8:09 pm

Delle78

Public Room Disturbances

I think this is a nice site. I hadn't played much but decided to try working towards badges because I enjoy badges. I went into a public room and was chatting with a couple people. One left and so continued chatting with the other. Then, someone from a league came in and started harassing the person I was talking to and trying to dictate what could or couldn't be discussed. I'm not currently in a league but I have no issues with leagues. I do have issues with power trips, however. If we had been having a discussion in their league room lobby, I would agree that they could have a say in what was discussed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but leagues do not have jurisdiction in public rooms right? I get that we can mute anyone who is bothersome, but my point is that a nice, normal conversation became awkward and weird for no other reason than that person felt they had a right to control a conversation in a public game room. If you want this site to grow and not just be a site for people in leagues, there need to be guidelines for league members especially HA's which in this case was an HA doing the harassing. They need to keep their controlling behavior confined to their private league rooms. It's things like this that can drive people away. This was the first time I was in a room here where people were chatting, and it was fun until it wasn't. I get that the person who did this is an MVP, and I am not. That may make my opinion not count as much, but I decided to say my piece anyway. Thank you.

#2 06-21-2020 6:08 am

Delle78

Re: Public Room Disturbances

Thank you Outlaw. smile

#3 06-21-2020 9:40 am

Case

Delle78 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but leagues do not have jurisdiction in public rooms right? I get that we can mute anyone who is bothersome, but my point is that a nice, normal conversation became awkward and weird for no other reason than that person felt they had a right to control a conversation in a public game room. If you want this site to grow and not just be a site for people in leagues, there need to be guidelines for league members especially HA's which in this case was an HA doing the harassing. They need to keep their controlling behavior confined to their private league rooms. It's things like this that can drive people away.

I completely agree with this and yes they do not have authority in public rooms. If this happens in the future please copy the chat and submit it via the "Help" link. We want everyone to feel welcome regardless of their membership level and it certainly does not encourage people to upgrade if there are people being aggressive in chat.

Also please remember that you are free to mute any player that is ruining your enjoyment.   Just look under "Account" and "Site Settings" and you will see that you can mute a player for 30 days.   While it should't be happening in the first place it is better than letting someone ruin your evening if you don't want to listen to them any longer.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#4 06-21-2020 10:57 am

Delle78

Thank you, Case. I will do both of those things in the future. smile

#5 06-22-2020 12:23 pm

lindaglenn102

If a player causes drama in a league room, and it comes to banning a player from the room, my question is
Is that player just banned from that one league game room or is that player banned from all the league game rooms that we have? or do we have to ban that player from each of our league rooms?

tks

Last edited by Guest (06-22-2020 12:24 pm)

#6 06-22-2020 2:13 pm

Case

lindaglenn102 wrote:

If a player causes drama in a league room, and it comes to banning a player from the room, my question is
Is that player just banned from that one league game room or is that player banned from all the league game rooms that we have? or do we have to ban that player from each of our league rooms?

tks

At present you would have to ban them in each room, but this is something we are reviewing for the future.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#7 06-22-2020 3:00 pm

sensiluv3

Hi Delle78. I am the head admin of final frontier league.You are more than welcome in any of our league rooms for any game we have a room for. I assure you none of my staff or members will be rude to you or make you fell uncomfortable.We love to laugh and have fun and is that not why we are here<3

#8 06-22-2020 5:29 pm

Delle78

Thank you sensiluv. smile

#9 06-23-2020 10:30 pm

whipsNchains2
MVP Member

As much I do not speak in forums, I feel this needs a reply. As far as I understand it, anyone can play in a public room. If you so feel entitled to speak out on things you do not understand, more power to ya Delle. But you are highly mislead..again I suspect. You do not even know the half of it. You only have one side of the story and are protesting about things you do not understand. Follow if ya must, but you are wrong....and the things you posted in bug ...is only the bug in your ear.

Board footer