#1 10-26-2020 1:44 pm

Case
MVP Member

Pool Updated - Bug fixes and improvements!

Hi all,

We have released a new update for Pool!  This version has the following changes:

• Fixed matchmaking issue when players click the matchmaking/multiplayer button at the same time

• Improved pause on leave logic - now you can chat and interact with the Arcade page without the game pausing.  The game will only pause if you or your opponent leave your browser tab or window.  This is necessary to keep the game in sync since it cannot run when the browser is not visible.

• Fixed matchmaking issue in the private room

• Hopefully fixed the bug where the cue ball is "stuck" to the end of the cue stick.

• Now when a bot or user pockets the 8 ball and loses the other player is awarded 5,000 points rather than the losing player having their score dropped to zero.  This will help prevent people's average score from getting impacted.

• Various bot improvements to try to prioritize their targeting (See below)

A note about bots "shooting at the 8 ball" or "pocketing the opponent's balls."   This game was designed with the main goal for users to play each other.  The bots are available primarily for practice play.  As such they are not going to be perfect and the programming for them is limited.  They do not "see" the whole table as a human player would.  In recorded videos from reports of bots shooting the 8 ball in after our recent updates in most cases the bot is actually trying to shoot at one of their own balls, but doesn't realize it may end up hitting something else either before or after it shoots it's ball.  Since our main goal is to provide a multiplayer experience there is only so much we can invest into the bot play so they will not be playing ahead of their current shot, setting up where to leave the cue ball, etc.  There is also a certain degree of randomness built into the bots so they are not 100% accurate with every shot, otherwise it would be no fun and the bots could often clear the table with perfect aim.  We hope this explains the bot situation a bit better.

Enjoy the update and please post any issues that you find!

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 10-27-2020 4:11 pm

carolseeb2

Re: Pool Updated - Bug fixes and improvements!

CASE::   POOL MUCH BETTER TODAY 10/27..TY CASE FOR TWEAKING AND ALLOWING CHAT WITHOUT PAUSING GAME.  LOVE YOUR GAMES,  ESPECIALLY ARCADE BOWLING AND CLASSIC BOWLING, AND POOL.  THANKS FOR BEING HERE FOR ALL OF US. YOU ARE MOST APPRECIATED.  carolseeb2 Bowl of Fun league.

#3 10-27-2020 10:06 pm

bur1038
MVP Member

Thanks so very much Case! Improvements and 'bots' explanation has made pool life more entertaining and certainly less frustrating, eh? lol  Enjoy the arcade, especially arcade bowling. Keep those games a-coming!

#4 10-29-2020 3:46 pm

sensiluv3

Thank you for the pool updates. Much better now,however twice the cue stick stuck to the white ball for about 1 second than let go. Than I had to be timed out before the next shot could happen.

#5 11-03-2020 1:27 am

Case
MVP Member

Thank you for the feedback, we will continue to look for more issues!

Case

#6 11-08-2020 3:31 pm

sensiluv3

November 8th 2020
Just played pool and the cue got stuck to the white ball twice on me again. I had to be timed out and lost my shot.

#7 11-09-2020 2:32 pm

Case
MVP Member

Thank you, we are still trying to recreate this problem so we can figure out how to fix it!

Case

#8 12-02-2020 1:08 am

Bart Ray

games keep freezing, there aren't many people on at 12:07AM PST why would they keep freezing up?

#9 05-02-2021 5:14 pm

GutterBallz

This is the saddest excuse for a pool game online. Even game desire pool is 50 times better than this. explains why u rarely see many people in pool here. Pogo had the best pool, this is in no way close. i have in the past explained how to improve this but never happens. should take notes from pogo and really give us a good pool game. classic bowling is good. I'm not sure you can even call this pool even.

#10 08-11-2021 6:02 am

CueBallQueen
MVP Member

Hi, how come I I still loose points when  i win against the robots? I see there is more ppl in lobby who ask the same questions. Dont make sense to me.

#11 08-11-2021 11:09 am

Richard
Arcade Staff

CueBallQueen wrote:

Hi, how come I I still loose points when  i win against the robots? I see there is more ppl in lobby who ask the same questions. Dont make sense to me.

Hi! We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. At this current time, games Vs. the computer (AI) do not award the bonus points as they do against real opponents. We hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible!

Staff member of Case's Arcade, MyLeague & Case's Ladder.

#12 09-30-2021 6:28 pm

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

Can you guys make it so its not so challenging to shoot the ball?

Its very difficult to pick a ball, and pull the cue stick back...

Please take note of GameDesire Pool and how they have cue control / Pool Stick control.

It is so much smoother!

https://www.gamedesire.com/game/pool-8- … -rooms#tab

Head Admin of MISFITS Multi Gaming League. Founder of Misfits, Founder of Pool Dreams, Founder of Extreme Cues on Yahoo Pool, and Founder of Yahoo Pool Memories Facebook Group. Dedicated Player and League Operator since 2001.

Board footer