#1 03-16-2020 8:05 pm

lindaglenn102

what does this mean

what does this mean so and so left the groupchat it is not allowed to send erro messages to the room. so and so has sent an error message (service undavailable ) and got kicked out from the room

so I can tell my players not to do it again...

tks

#2 03-17-2020 1:49 pm

Case
MVP Member

Re: what does this mean

It's nothing they are doing wrong - it's just when the player loses connection to the player unexpectedly.   For example if they just close their laptop lid without leaving chat first... Our site doesn't know that they left.   I am working on seeing if we can make that error message less "angry."   It's not really a big deal, they should be able to re-enter the room whenever they come back online.

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#3 03-17-2020 2:00 pm

lindaglenn102

ty

#4 03-20-2020 11:54 am

lindaglenn102

I was reading about removing players that from rooms and my question is, is this working so in case we have trouble during our tours? (/kick)

#5 03-23-2020 8:48 am

Richard
Arcade Staff

Yes! You can kick a user from your room or mute them!

Staff member of Case's Arcade, MyLeague & Case's Ladder.

#6 03-23-2020 11:51 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

A tutorial of how these tasks are done would be nice Richard.  It's my understanding that only "administrators" or "mediators" have the ability to remove someone from a room.  But how is "muting" done?  On pogo it was a simple matter of two clicks...click on members name in chat...then click mute...tada!  They magically disappeared from chat!

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

#7 03-23-2020 12:15 pm

Richard
Arcade Staff

The Admins and moderators of the game rooms - have a link in their Navigation bar under their Room Admin features, that says 'Admin help'. This provides a list of commands they can use in their chats smile

At this time, we do not have the mute option set on the user side. We do know this is a large request though!

#8 03-23-2020 5:18 pm

lindaglenn102

is this action working? we host in another game site and when they find out we are here, the trouble makers will come. I may have to use the remove action, tks

they never dealt with a game site where the game site will take action lol

Last edited by Guest (03-23-2020 5:19 pm)

#9 03-24-2020 8:50 am

Richard
Arcade Staff

Yes it is working! Once your Moderator abilities are activated, you can type the following to kick someone:

For example, if you wanted to kick me from your room you would type this in chat:

/kick Richard

If you wish to silence someone from talking in your room, you type:

/mute Richard

To allow me to speak in the room again, you type:

/voice Richard

Hope that helps! big_smile

#10 03-24-2020 10:44 am

lindaglenn102

thank you so much

#11 03-26-2020 10:34 am

LdyGDiva69

who is or is not a moderator?? How does a league get the admin staff made the only mods in their league room?

#12 03-26-2020 11:11 am

Richard
Arcade Staff

Hi LdyGDiva69!

The Head Admin of the League, applies for the League room and once they receive it - they are now the 'Admin' of that game room as well. They have the power to give moderator status (and remove it) from whomever they choose within their room. It doesn't necessarily "have" to be other staff on their League (such as TD/co-admins), you can also give it to your friends if you wish. There is no limit to the amount of Moderators you can have in your game room. smile

If someone is set up as a 'Moderator' in a room, and has their tools active - you will see a star next to their name, and they will show at the top of the list of users within the room. They can only moderate the room they are given power in.

Board footer