#1 06-24-2020 5:09 am

cinderslove5
MVP Member

Concerns about the 'ban' feature - does NOT ban troblemakers completely

Sadly, we had to ban a few members ( I say few as one has multiple accounts) that quit of their own accord but insist on coming back and playing in our league rooms to throw off the room high scores and stats accomplished.
   Once they left, they felt the need to badmouth and label us as mean, controlling, and power tripping. It has gotten to the point where we CANNOT go into public rooms without being told we do not belong there, continually being harassed - they mute us but insist on talking about us - so we mute them. This happened with same people on pogo which created many fun loving people hostile toward one another. This is why we came here to Case's. Sadly, that troublemaker appears to be the one now doing same thing here. Which is reason for BAN.
    When you came out with badges, our high scores remained in public rooms, so until we reach the badge worthy scores, we will remain utilizing any room open to us. Most of us are MVP members. We are not breaking any rules. Yet these specific persons feel the need to tell us to stay out, yet come daily to our league rooms to throw off our scores. Which is WHY they have been BANNED - BUT - the BAN does NOT STOP them like it should. IT SHOULD STOP THEM FROM COMING IN OUR ROOMS ALTOGETHER. I have left this same message in your help/support option that says MVP get quick response. Plus this is a league issue which should get top priority as well. That was 2-3 days ago. Still nothing has been done or no reply back. And STILL they are coming in scoring in our stats and bragging about being able to do so. Saying there is a back door.
THIS GLITCH NEEDS TO BE FIXED  TODAY! PLEASE!! We know many things are on the table and we love all that you are doing but please fix the glitches that exist in the tools and games you already have offered to us. Many of us would like to go to MVP+ but with these unresolved issues, we are hesitant. Have a wonderful day. Thank YOU for ALL you are doing for US. KIG! Cyndi

My name is Cyndi. WISHING EVERYONE A HEALTHY & HAPPY 2024!!! ^ROAR IN '24!!!*
Essential Home Health Care Worker for Elderly - HA/HTD/CREATOR --- BOWL OF FUN LEAGUE

#2 06-24-2020 7:29 am

Case

Re: Concerns about the 'ban' feature - does NOT ban troblemakers completely

Hello,

This was brought to my attention the other day and we are working on a fix for a ban to prevent someone from playing in rooms.   I did check our support system and you were replied to, it shows that you have not read the reply yet.   Please check your email and let me know if you received it, it may be in your spam in Gmail.

As you pointed out there are many factors that go into balancing where we put our limited development time and I do agree there is a good amount of clean up work to do. We also want to continue to create joy for the users who are not having issues or drama so that is why sometimes it may feel like we are adding things when other issues are still unsolved. We probably could do nothing but work on dealing with troublemakers for a month and still have things we could improve on but then we would not have badges, friends lists, etc.

Long term we will create some kind of moderator program for the public rooms to prevent abuse and disruptions.

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#3 06-24-2020 9:16 am

Case

Just a quick update if you don't see the other thread, this feature has been rolled out.

Thanks,
Case

#4 06-24-2020 10:05 am

cinderslove5
MVP Member

Thank you Case for addressing this matter in such a timely fashion. Have a pleasant day Keep up the great work - we love it here! Bowl Of Fun League

My name is Cyndi. WISHING EVERYONE A HEALTHY & HAPPY 2024!!! ^ROAR IN '24!!!*
Essential Home Health Care Worker for Elderly - HA/HTD/CREATOR --- BOWL OF FUN LEAGUE

#5 06-24-2020 11:35 am

Delle78

Case, I promise this is the last thing I will say on the subject of bullying in the forums. If she speaks to you in such a manner with yelling in caps and not so subtle hints of monetary blackmail, you can imagine how she treats those that she feels she has authority over whether real or imagined. I can't speak to their league room issues since I haven't been in it and never will, but I can say that no one is harassing them in the room I play in. I have muted them because that is all I can do. I know they can still see what I say but nothing I can do about that. It's impossible to vent or anything without them seeing since they barely ever leave even when they are in tours in their own room. It's just frustrating for us. Nobody thinks league people shouldn't have access to public rooms. We just objected to what we feel are intimidation tactics. I will just keep them muted and try to pretend they aren't there even if they are reading everything I say every day. Thanks again for listening and I apologize if my suggestion post was the catalyst for all of this insanity today. I sincerely mean that.

#6 06-24-2020 11:49 am

Case

I appreciate the feedback from everyone.  We definitely do not want an environment where people feel harassed or pursued.  Tools can only go so far but we intend to make sure we have a civil service.  At the same time there will be personality conflicts and differences of what is right and wrong so we can't get rid of the human aspect.  Let's just make sure there is a place for everyone!

Case

#7 06-24-2020 1:17 pm

micmechanix
MVP Member

hi case am gonna tell ya I'm not a whiner or nothing just sad get part of the truth get shown whats wanna be shown and that I will end just ask leave me be  please whole game site but continuely come and sit most time not even play

#8 06-24-2020 3:22 pm

micmechanix
MVP Member

since this certain person wants to open mouth will tell ya the whole truth yes was in league my 1st and didn't know got ran like a concentration camp chat when tell ya , bowl when tell ya and seen ppl get muted just because came in room now ain't that nice , and the other very bother some a kid came between a 10 year friendship     was told don't like it go play in public room and as that I quit and did but if u watch still follows like a puppy dog , nothing can't do in league room can't do in public room correct me if wrong please way I feel , I asked nicely just leave me alone  but no that to easy and 1 more don't ya find it pretty odd a grown woman chasing a kid back to pogo even if is a kid, let's see says 11th grade now so 10th join league oh yes remember U played 2 years ago really so played me in 8th grade and left U do the math just leave me be don't bother no 1 until get pushed and amazing get along with ev 1 but 1 find common denominator

#9 06-24-2020 3:43 pm

melinda247
MVP Member

These " League Folks " sit and run their phones or what not while they are in tours and such just to read our chat when they supposed to have us muted. I dont go in league rooms I play in public she has harassed him from day one and its not fair. Yes we need a MODERATOR in the public room to prove it thank you. MEL smile

#10 06-24-2020 4:08 pm

Case

As I can see everyone has strong opinions and there are many different ways to look at these issues.  We will continue to work to make things better for everyone, but for now I am going to close this topic as it no longer being very productive.

Thanks to all for their opinions.

Case

Board footer