#1 06-24-2020 9:15 am

Case
MVP Member

Ban Tool has been updated to block banned users from playing

Hi all,

In response to recent feedback we have extended the ban tool to block banned users from playing games in rooms that they are banned completely in addition to not being able to chat.

The down side is that if you have already banned users, you will need to do so a second time. Current bans are still recorded in the chat server but if you want to block someone from the room you will need to use the tool again. NEW bans made moving forward will impact both.

Unfortunately it would have been pretty difficult to get the bans out of the chat server and figure out which rooms they belonged to and we wanted to get the new functions into your hands. We may improve this tool in the future to allow you to ban at once across all of your rooms but for now it is the same as the past and only impacts the current game room.

As always please remember the reason you list for the ban is visible to other players and the user. We also encourage diplomacy first rather than resorting to banning. Many players need some education that league rooms are separate and leagues that instant-ban for not good reasons may have their powers reduced.

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 06-24-2020 10:03 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Re: Ban Tool has been updated to block banned users from playing

Thanks for fixing this Case.  We do not "instant ban" in our room.  We prefer to give multiple warnings first before even "kicking" someone from the room for repeated violations.  BTW...the "kick" feature did not work when i tried it recently due to the fact that offender came into room in "private" mode and therefore was not showing under player list and when the "kick" command was executed it yielded an error message to the effect of "user not found".  Thus it became necessary to get the ban feature fixed.  We had one member leave the league after he became divisive to our league and insulted new members.  We like to welcome ALL users regardless of their age or what country they are in...and that was an issue with the one that left.  He didn't like young people playing in the room or those from overseas...primarily male members.  Thank you for your help.  It is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by SexySouthernGirl (06-24-2020 10:44 am)

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

#3 06-25-2020 10:10 am

Case
MVP Member

Re: Ban Tool has been updated to block banned users from playing

As a further update, we have now added an Unban Tool as well.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

Board footer