#1 06-29-2020 11:57 am

Catz11
MVP Member

Playing more than 1 game at a time

Hi Case,

I thought when i left pogo i would be leaving behind a load of cheaters, but now it seems not.
Having just found out that more than 1 game can be played at a time make a whole mockery of the badges and the site. This has made my mind up on never becoming a member now, as to me those that play more than 1 game at a time are nothing more than cheaters....!!!!! ( on pogo known as bots )

#2 06-29-2020 12:52 pm

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

Re: Playing more than 1 game at a time

So people who play 2 games at once are cheaters? I have played bowling on my computer while playing slots on my tablet. How is this cheating exactly?

#3 06-29-2020 1:03 pm

Case
MVP Member

Hello,

I can see that you have strong feelings about people playing multiple games at once. We have members that enjoy playing multiple games at the same time, such as playing a slot game while they are bowling. There are other people who play a different room in between rounds of a tournament so they aren't just sitting there waiting. Others are room admins and leave their room up so they can monitor it while they are playing in another game. And some admins run events in two different games at the same time.

For all of those reasons we do not have restrictions on participating in multiple rooms at the same time. It is actually something that many people like about the site. Badges are primarily a fun thing that you earn for yourself, they are not designed to be a race against other players. The Champion's Trophies require you to have a certain degree of skill at the game to score highly enough to become the champion.  You are not going to magically have a higher score by playing in two windows at once.

The only scenario I can see that could be a problem is if someone had created two accounts and was trying to cheat in a tournament by pretending to be multiple people or using some software to play fake games. Both of those are detectable and admins / tournament directors would be able to take appropriate action in their rooms to limit that kind of abuse.

If there are other exploits that are being used unfairly in relationship to multiple rooms we will investigate them, but our stance on people playing in multiple rooms at once for their own pleasure is that it is allowed.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#4 06-29-2020 2:28 pm

Catz11
MVP Member

Hi Case,

I can understand why admins can, as YOU said Monitor their room hence MONITOR ie looking not playing, so therefore play another game ie means they are playing just 1 game.

As for the Champion's Trophies, and this is where it falls down. By PLAYING 2 games at a time that has taken away any skill as you quoted, because they can just boost scores by MULTI PLAYING.
If i was to go into "A GAME" then the skill becomes the object of just 1 Game ( that game ) and not any other game at the same time.

So please enlighten to me as to where the SKILL is, because as far as im concerned by playing more than 1 game at a given time is not skill. It is form of advancement to better or gain by playing more than 1 game at a time is a form of cheating.
Not all will have access to 2 forms of being able to log in and play 2 games at the same time.

#5 06-29-2020 3:28 pm

Case
MVP Member

Catz,

Each game is treated separately.  Playing two games at the same time does not double your score or make it easier to beat a particular game.  They are both scored separately and Champion Trophies are not based upon total points you have earned across all the games you have played, they are awarded for getting the HIGH score.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

Board footer