#1 07-01-2020 4:43 pm

Case
MVP Member

New Game Alert - Texas Holdem Poker!

Hi everyone,

We are excited to launch our next game, Texas Holdem!   Up to six players per table can duke it out to see who has the skills to win the most chips! 

This game features private tables that you can invite your friends to join as well as multiple rounds of betting.  All players start with $10,000 virtual dollars each time you join the game.  End you session by clicking "Cash Out" under the options menu to end your game and save your (hopefully) high score!   There are also bots that will join the table so you can play until human players arrive.

MVP Members get to have your profile avatar appear in the game!

This game is in beta test mode so we welcome your feedback.  Find it on the Games menu today!

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 07-02-2020 5:34 am

DJ4U60

Re: New Game Alert - Texas Holdem Poker!

will  you be putting an "all in" option?

#3 07-02-2020 3:18 pm

Case
MVP Member

DJ4U60 wrote:

will  you be putting an "all in" option?

That is something we will evaluate in the future after we make sure everything is working smoothly.  Right now since you can recharge your chips at any time we don't want everyone just going "all in" all the time since there is not really much risk to doing it when you can magically recharge your chip stack.

Case

#4 07-06-2020 4:11 am

lucypetrillo1

will the texas holdem accomodate cases ladder leagues for aol and or omaha?

#5 07-06-2020 9:05 am

Richard
Arcade Staff

Hi Lucy!

What do you mean? Any League/users can play our Texas Hold 'em game! Feel free to have your users sign up and try it out! Established Leagues with 20+ Active users (or MyLeague Plus) can immediately request a League room to play in!

Staff member of Case's Arcade, MyLeague & Case's Ladder.

#6 07-06-2020 3:12 pm

Case
MVP Member

lucypetrillo1 wrote:

will the texas holdem accomodate cases ladder leagues for aol and or omaha?

At this time we are focused on getting Texas Hold'em working well before we consider adding Omaha.

Thanks,
Case

#7 07-10-2020 8:00 am

Catz11
MVP Member

This game is far too slow when play on quick game on own, was falling asleep waiting on them to bet.....

#8 08-08-2020 11:45 am

p0k3radd1ct

Your current Texas Holdem is a Limit game thus allowing only 4 bets per card street and you limit the amount for the bet to start at the blind level.  The poker leagues currently playing on MyLeague utilize a NO LIMIT Texas Holdem with the betting of any amount including the ability to go All In  at any time.   Additionally we are allowed to have 9 players at a table whereby you only allow 6.  If we were to have more than your maximum number of players,  how do we allow for multiple tables to be utilized for league play?

Additionally many of the existing poker leagues on MyLeague play not only No Limit Texas Holdem but also Pot Limit Omaha,  7 Card Stud,  5 Card Draw,  Omaha Hi/Lo and Razz.  When will those games be available?

Will current statistics, awards and bankroll amounts per player be carried over from the existing league?   We currently have inter league games whereby one league challenges another league,  will we be able to have that kind of capability as well?

Last edited by p0k3radd1ct (08-08-2020 11:57 am)

#9 08-08-2020 11:52 am

Case
MVP Member

Hello,

You can use the Private Game option to have multiple tables running in each room.

We will look into adjusting the game to allow for All In based on feedback.

Thanks,
Case

#10 08-08-2020 12:06 pm

p0k3radd1ct

Can you respond to all the other questions I have posed in my message?

#11 08-08-2020 12:31 pm

Case
MVP Member

Sorry I believe I was responding when you were adding more questions!

There is no timeline on when other variations will be available yet.  I understand that people enjoy a variety of ways of playing but we would like to get Texas Hold'me working the best we can before tackling other types of poker.

We probably can create a tool that would allow admins to import bankroll information for the tables, if I am understanding you correctly you want the ability to seat players with a specific amount of credits that is maintained elsewhere?

Thanks,
Case

#12 08-09-2020 11:00 am

p0k3radd1ct

Each member of my and other leagues currently playing under the MyLeague umbrella for various Poker games, earns Ladderbux and table chips per tournament win or placement in top positions such as 2nd, 3rd or 4th depending on the total amount of players at the table.  The Ladderbux can be used to purchase gift items from the Ladderbux Store and table chips are bankrolled in the players profile/account and accumulated over time as they play and win.  Currently in a 9 player table, each player starts with 2,000 in chips to play with at the game and the winner is credited 2,000 for each player at the table so that a 9 player table provides the winner with 18,000 in chips which is credited back to their bankroll for future use.  The 2,000 is taken from their bankroll at the start of the game as their playing stake but if they do not have sufficient chips then it is provided to them from the system.

Apparently I did not make it clear,   NO players are NOT seated based on credits in their account, players are seated just based on the fact they signed up to play in a tournament regardless of bankroll amount or their ranking in the league and if the number of registered players exceeds the maximum table allowance, currently 9, they are broken up into multiple tables by the system.   The current system also pairs players and their specific ranking is used to move players standings based upon who gets knocked out of the game first allowing a lower ranked player to move up in the standings.

Additionally, you have given players 30 seconds in which to make a play for their hand, bet, call, raise or fold.  This is WAY too much time. The current system allows for 15 seconds which is still too much time and I suggest you reduce this timer down to 10 seconds which will speed up the game and hopefully put to rest the complaints you have already gotten that the game is too slow due to the 30 second timer as shown by Catz11's complaint to you.

Will Flash Player still be available though not supported after the end of the year to allow the current leagues to continue to play as they currently do on the current platform until things are fully functional or will the current lobbies be non-existent due to AOL removing them ???

#13 08-17-2020 11:13 am

Case
MVP Member

Our games do not use Flash so they will continue to be available, I am not sure what AOL's plans will be for their current rooms. I have not heard anything about them performing updates.

I have changed reduced the amount of time people have to play their cards from 30 to 15 seconds and we can see how that improves things.

Case

#14 08-17-2020 3:14 pm

p0k3radd1ct

Do you have any way to find out from AOL if the current lobbies which use FlashPlayer will still be available in the new year and if so can you advise me of their response?   Thank you......

#15 08-17-2020 11:29 pm

Case
MVP Member

p0k3radd1ct wrote:

Do you have any way to find out from AOL if the current lobbies which use FlashPlayer will still be available in the new year and if so can you advise me of their response?   Thank you......

Most browsers are ending support for Flash.   We don't have any official contacts at AOL but I did look around and couldn't find any information.   

Their poker games are using Flash, however, so they would be impacted by Flash being discontinued.

Case

#16 08-19-2020 10:05 am

p0k3radd1ct

I guess my general question, which nobody has been able to answer is,  though support for Flash Player will stop the end of the year, does this mean it is going away or will it continue to function but if you run into any issues there will be nobody to fix the problem.......   can you address that at all regarding any browser????  And in regard to that, you have stated that MyLeague games have never used flash player as it was strictly for access to the existing lobbies,  is that still the case come the end of the year??

#17 08-19-2020 11:30 am

Case
MVP Member

To some extent it is looking into a crystal ball.  The major browsers right now say they will end support for Flash at the end of the year, which in theory means it will no longer work at all for the main browsers like Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.  I have read that some smaller browsers are going to try to keep it working.  Whether or not the other gaming sites decide to leave their games up for the users that can still access them or not is where it gets murky, since it will not only be a security risk but a technical support nightmare trying to assist users using third party plug ins, etc.

We are just as anxious about what happens as everyone else since a lot of our users on MyLeague are playing in leagues on sites that use Flash games and in some cases there are no equivalents available on other sites yet.   But yes the games here on Case's Arcade are all HTML5 based and will not be impacted.

Case

Board footer