#1 08-06-2020 11:14 am

Case

8 Ball Pool - Major update released!

Hi everyone,

We know it has taken a while for this to come out but this is a major update!  We have addressed a number of issues and would love your help testing the latest version.  Please note we fully expect there to be some bugs as we have changed a lot but we will get them resolved.

Here are the changes:

• ENGLISH support has been added!  Just click the white cue ball at the top of the screen and place the indicator where you would like to apply your spin.

• You LOSE the game if you pocket the 8 ball before it is the last ball on the table. Previously it was returned to the table and play continued.

• You can now place the cue ball anywhere behind the head string (first marker) on the break shot.

• Improved the ball collection area so the balls will stop continuing to move to improve performance.

• Solved a crash that could lock the game up if you tried to join a game before fully connected to the server.

• PAUSE function. If you or the other player leave the game window, the game will pause.  This helps to solve the problem with skipped turns and allows for breaks if needed.

• BALL IN HAND is awarded to your opponent if you strike no other balls on your shot.

• Fixed the issue where "Case joined the game" sometimes got stuck and never went away during a game.

• Fixed some sound bugs that were causing ball hit sounds to play over and over very quickly and get stuck.

• Many small performance enhancements to help slower computers.

We hope you enjoy the updates.   Please post any bugs or feedback that you have here!

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 08-06-2020 3:26 pm

sensiluv3

Re: 8 Ball Pool - Major update released!

Case I just played pool and love the changes you made.Great work thank you very much but final frontier room had no chat.Pleaselook into this for me.

#3 08-06-2020 3:29 pm

sensiluv3

There is also a humming noise. It comes and goes on frequent basis. I am using fire fox browser.

#4 08-07-2020 2:22 am

Outlawpool
Website

sometimes when the bot has no shot it knocks the 8ball in. and game says its your turn.a no winner game

#5 08-07-2020 2:24 am

Outlawpool
Website

yes i hear the humming too wasnt sure if it was my new pc.overall the game is alot better

#6 08-07-2020 6:57 am

Case

Is the humming sound always there guys?  Or does it start after a ball collision? 

Try adjusting the volume controls up and down and see if it goes away after it starts, that will help us figure it out.

Case

#7 08-07-2020 8:43 am

Outlawpool
Website

dont know i turned off the sound but  ill turn it back on and see

#8 08-07-2020 8:56 am

Outlawpool
Website

sound seems ok now but the bought still makes the 8ball when its not time and the game wont end

#9 08-07-2020 10:43 am

Case

Yes we have the bot shooting at the 8 ball issue on the list!

Thanks,
Case

#10 08-07-2020 3:44 pm

sensiluv3

The humming noise was there even before you did all the updates. It came when the balls were not moving and I was lining up my shot.How ever today, my chat is back and I did not hear any humming noise. Game works great now thank you very much.

#11 08-08-2020 4:23 pm

sensiluv3

I  tried to host a pool tourney. I clicked on private,put in a password,but my opponent could not join me at table.When she tried to use the password I gave her, it took her to a table by herself. The other tourney pairs had the same issue.

#12 08-09-2020 6:52 am

Case

sensiluv3 wrote:

I  tried to host a pool tourney. I clicked on private,put in a password,but my opponent could not join me at table.When she tried to use the password I gave her, it took her to a table by herself. The other tourney pairs had the same issue.

Make sure that you both click "Connect" after you put in the password.  You have to be at the screen where it says "Waiting for opponent" before the other person can join.   Let me know if that helps!

Case

#13 08-09-2020 3:51 pm

sensiluv3

Case, I did exactly what you told me.But my opponent still can not join me.To set table I clicked on private,entered a password,than clicked on connect and start, game said waiting for a opponent.My opponent clicked on private,entered the password, but never got connected to me.

#14 08-11-2020 4:36 pm

sensiluv3

I was able to play on private with a password today with my friend. Just a couple of suggestions if at all possible to make a easy change. First,is it possible to add a shot timer.We keep losing our turns and not knowing how much time we have left to shoot.Maybe make it so admin can  set time for a shot from like 30 seconds to 2 minutes. And when we want to chat the game pauses.So when my opponent is shooting I can not chat.Is it possible to separate the game from chat.

Board footer