#1 11-18-2020 8:03 pm

Micmon224

What exact wording/coding is used to "Kick" someone, & where should these commands go, please?

Hi Case!

Tonight, we had a visitor/suspected bot in our Blackjack league room as we tried to hold a tourney. This person, "teresaa5" didn't show within the PLAYERS area!

Our own league play froze several times, while this "teresaa5" could play as it/she wished.

I have taken a screenshot of my members & myself in attendance, proof of this person's presence in game play, and absence from PLAYERS list. Please advise me if this should also be forwarded to you and I will gladly do so!  I also warned this person/bot that a screenshot had been taken.

I "MOD ME" myself in order to use the Admin & Manage Room settings, to no avail!

We all need exact HTML/HTML5 instructions &/or quick demos of how to eject uncooperative or disruptive persons, where to perform the commands, and how to type any of the other commands please. Could those instructions and picture demos be added into the Manage Me section too, please?

When I typed the /kick command, I used the person's name first and attached like this, into the message area:  teresaa5/kick  <--- was this correct and in the RIGHT area? The message box said I needed an explanation too ---which I typed, spaced away from the kick command. Nothing happened!

This is my first need to do this, and frankly, this seems to be an HTML/HTML5 coding issue that I don't know how to do yet, but I'm always willing to learn how! 

TY in Advance as Always, Case!

Head Admin: Dragonslayers; Psalms 46:1 & Galatians 5:22 ~Aries~ ~Gwendolyn Brooks' Poem: Weaponed Woman ~Maya Angelou Poems: And Still I Rise; Phenomenal Woman;
On the Pulse of Morning

#2 11-18-2020 8:29 pm

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

Re: What exact wording/coding is used to "Kick" someone, & where should these commands go, please?

Howdy,

Heads up, Teresa is not a bot, played a few games with her today in my bowling league, but here's how you kick someone.

/kick teresaa5  is the correct format once you are Moderator.

Hope this helps!

Head Admin of MISFITS Multi Gaming League. Founder of Misfits, Founder of Pool Dreams, Founder of Extreme Cues on Yahoo Pool, and Founder of Yahoo Pool Memories Facebook Group. Dedicated Player and League Operator since 2001.

#3 11-18-2020 10:26 pm

Micmon224

Re: What exact wording/coding is used to "Kick" someone, & where should these commands go, please?

TY for the reply and the setting advice!

However, my requests for an investigation, clearer HTML/HTML5 directions of the Moderator commands, demos, etc —still stand.

We were attempting to run 1 of 2 tourneys, which never happened, as our room froze several times for the 1 tourney attempted, while this person/bot was present; meanwhile, this person could freely play a few hands ---we couldn't place bets and play! This person never responded to our questions/remarks, and ignored us, etc. This person's name never appeared within the PLAYERS area.

*** —> How did this person conceal her/its identity from the PLAYERS area — none of any leagues’ members can conceal themselves, I believe.

I would call this ENTIRE situation ---highly and rightly suspicious. I believe Case might think so too.

*If non-league members visit any league, perhaps a special VISITORS symbol should be attached to these TRUE, friendly visitors —AND a listing within the PLAYERS area. 

As Head Admin, I consider this “person” a bot, and/or a threat to ALL leagues’ use of Case’s Arcade as an alternative fun place, despite the technology changes coming from Pogo, Java, Adobe FlashPlayer at the end of the year. Even if we invite non-league Friends from Pogo, Safe Harbor, or wherever, to play in our league rooms, these Friends are still subject to respecting our league rooms, the public rooms, and the entire Case’s Arcade site.

Dragonslayers isn’t a big league; we welcome visitors, but we stand to be respected.

Head Admin: Dragonslayers; Psalms 46:1 & Galatians 5:22 ~Aries~ ~Gwendolyn Brooks' Poem: Weaponed Woman ~Maya Angelou Poems: And Still I Rise; Phenomenal Woman;
On the Pulse of Morning

#4 11-19-2020 3:27 am

MegaDethSoWhat

This sounds like the situation that happened to me. I did ask case to look into it hopefully they are.

In Poker, a friend and I were playing a bot. than someone we knew started playing in the field, but did Not show in player box? We tried chatting, but no response. this was in public room. Being puzzled and curious, I went to our league room and sure enough he was in that room playing .  which to me concludes, while he was playing in our league room (showing in players box). he was Also playing in public room, Not even knowing it. Sounds like the same thing almost, maybe teresa was in another room playing but showing in your room playing unknowingly.

#5 11-19-2020 3:41 am

Case
MVP Member

First of all, I can very that teresaa5 is not a bot but a real player!   Probably what is happening is they have selected the option to not join the chat room.   We have some users who don't wish to socialize and just play the games, so we do have the option to disable chat for those users.  On the Site Settings menu you can select "Hide chat room and play privately."   This will hide you from the other players and may account for some of the behavior you have reported.

It is possible that we could let leagues say they don't allow this, but for now it is a global option.

I hope this might help explain things!

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#6 11-21-2020 7:45 pm

Micmon224

Tonight the same situation happened ..again in our Blackjack room. We could not play!!

I could not get any chips on my table in order to play in our own league room! We were ready to play, but our room is frozen, somehow. This bot is in FREE ACCESS to a league room, and furthermore, can't be ejected, nor banned. 

This bot "teresaa5" was in the room again....and the EXACT same cards that she/it played that night, appeared again. My screenshots of the other night and tonight will prove this. It's as though, there's an exact MIRRORING OF THE SAME CARDS when we had trouble the other night——and this situation is in some kind of perpetual error loop!!  The bot played a hand while I was there; 1 of my league members witnessed the "teresaa5" bot presence, too.

I took several screenshots and used the kick command the other league offered, as follows: /kick teresaa5  ---the server reported that there was no one present in the group chat to perform the action.  This to be allowed??

Our league is plagued by a BOT and/or a league that wants to freeze us from playing. This is either a glitch in our room’s game coding performance or an act of DELIBERATE SABOTAGE ....and I respectfully want our room cleaned, please. Is my league under some kind of "test?"

I also want this person/bot banned from ANY of our rooms.

It would seem the league that allowed this bot to play with them a few days ago, perhaps without damage to their rooms, doesn't realize how now their guest has other intentions, since this person/bot has entered Case's Arcade.

Please fix this situation Case!  TY!

On the Pulse of Morning

#7 11-21-2020 9:24 pm

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

Teresa is not a bot.

She is a wonderful member of my league.

Hope you get your room sorted soon though!

Head Admin of MISFITS Multi Gaming League. Founder of Misfits, Founder of Pool Dreams, Founder of Extreme Cues on Yahoo Pool, and Founder of Yahoo Pool Memories Facebook Group. Dedicated Player and League Operator since 2001.

#8 11-22-2020 5:38 pm

Case
MVP Member

It looks like we had at technical error with that room, I hope that it is resolved now!

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

Board footer