#1 04-10-2020 4:51 pm

Case

New Bowling Test Room

Hi all,

We have launched a separate Bowling test room.   This will allow us to test different changes to the game without disrupting how you currently play.  The stats in this room will not impact your normal bowling stats and we may reset them from time to time to in order to test different things.

Today we are launching the room with some changes to how pins work.   Please keep in mind we will be making small changes at first rather than large ones, but don't panic if you don't like what you are seeing.   We will make sure to communicate with the players before we roll out changes.

Some of the features we will be working on will be settings that leagues can turn on if they want to, such as timers between frames.   We know not everyone wants things like this, so rest assured changes like that will be made options that can be turned on and off in specific rooms.

Access the test room here:  https://casesarcade.com/bowlingtest/   (It will not appear on your menus, you will need to access it from this post.)

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 04-10-2020 7:35 pm

Janiceann62

Re: New Bowling Test Room

not bad with a bit of work will be good

Hi i;m Jani and I am Head admin in steppers
Janice Ann Waite

#3 04-11-2020 12:16 pm

stonecold8005
Website

I DONT SEE ANY TIMERS IN THE NEW DEMO BOWLING ROOM YOU LAUNCED ITS STILL THE SAME GAME PLAY???

and thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so

#4 04-11-2020 12:22 pm

Case

The pin physics have been adjusted to address pins that stand back up, that is the first thing we are testing since it impacts the overall game.   Testing timers will come after pins are fixed.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#5 04-11-2020 12:30 pm

stonecold8005
Website

oh ok i was thinking it was just going to be the game timers that would you be adding not starting from scratch but ty for the info i will keep my eye on it keep up the good work case. stonecold8005.

#6 04-11-2020 1:24 pm

stonecold8005
Website

ok so i just bowled a perfect game in the demo bowling room heres my review the game play is the same as the other rooms the power meter and the aimer are lot smoother in the demo room then the other rooms but other then that the game play is the same

#7 04-11-2020 10:25 pm

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Okay, I've tested the new room with the following results.  I played 10 games and attained level 16 with an average of 266 (my average is only 251 in Bowl Of Fun league room).  In those ten games I noticed 5 pins standing back up which is considerably less than in our league room.  And of those 5...three were in the gutter anyway...and so they were swept away standing.  One stood up on the lane...but was not reset...it was properly swept away.  I only saw ONE pin that was reset after standing back up...but in all fairness it wasn't really "down"...it was more like it fell at full force and "bounced" back up.  The power meter and aiming arrow were incredibly smooth and easy to set.  Overall I was VERY pleased with the ten games I bowled there and can honestly say that I did notice a vast improvement over our regular league room.  Kudos to the programmers!  I know its a small step toward getting the pin issues resolved...but its a step in the right direction!!!

BTW - the room version for my games was 1.2 in case you need that information.

Last edited by SexySouthernGirl (04-11-2020 10:59 pm)

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

Board footer