#1 04-21-2020 2:32 am

Case

Emoji Update - We are trying another approach to making emojis better!

Hi all,

As many of you know the emoji menu has been causing some people to lock up and also creating slow loading performance for some folks.  We have rolled out another change today that is another attempt to solve the issue.

You will notice now that your emoji menu has a smaller selection of emoji.   Our hope is that by reducing the number of emoji that it will make the tool more stable for some computers and faster to load for everyone.   Please note that you can still use any of the supported emoji by typing their symbol name into chat directly.

Please let us know if this change helps if you were having issues with the emojis freezing in the past.

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 04-21-2020 12:07 pm

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

Re: Emoji Update - We are trying another approach to making emojis better!

Can you put a list somewhere showing what to type for the list. I can't remember what to type for the missing ones

#3 04-21-2020 5:58 pm

Case

That's a good idea, I will work on a list of the emoji codes as soon as we see if this works for people.   We may go back to the other way or make it an option to have them all depending on how it goes.

Case

#4 04-21-2020 7:54 pm

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

Thank you Case

#5 04-21-2020 10:51 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

It wasnt the emojis freezing me up it the "please like us on facebook thingy that keep popping up every few mins ugh

#6 04-22-2020 2:07 am

Case

Sandy19577 wrote:

It wasnt the emojis freezing me up it the "please like us on facebook thingy that keep popping up every few mins ugh

I changed this to be a static link, which means it will not use any scripts and will not impact the game.  Thank you for reporting this!

Thanks,
Case

Board footer