EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

8 Ball Pool Glitch

Good Morning Case.

8 Ball Pool has improved a lot!

Thanks for your hard work!

One issue we still have is:

This is so that everyone can be aware about something we noticed when attempting to pot the 8 Ball in a pocket. If the attempt is unsuccessful, it gives the opponent BIH even though they didn't scratch or foul.

Can you please adjust the settings so hitting the 8 Ball is not a foul if missed? I get if someone hits the 8 Ball early in the game that would be a foul but if someone is aiming for it to pot it n the ball doesn't go in, it's giving their opponent ball in hand which is usually near the end of the game so it's very damaging.

We are hosting Pool for 11 hours a day so any glitches/issues that we find, I'll be sure to get them reported here so we can continue to make the game the best possible.

Thanks so much!!!

EXTREME

Head Admin of MISFITS Multi Gaming League. Founder of Misfits, Founder of Pool Dreams, Founder of Extreme Cues on Yahoo Pool, and Founder of Yahoo Pool Memories Facebook Group. Dedicated Player and League Operator since 2001.

#2 10-21-2023 7:16 pm

Case

Re: 8 Ball Pool Glitch

EXTREME wrote:

Can you please adjust the settings so hitting the 8 Ball is not a foul if missed? I get if someone hits the 8 Ball early in the game that would be a foul but if someone is aiming for it to pot it n the ball doesn't go in, it's giving their opponent ball in hand which is usually near the end of the game so it's very damaging.

We are hosting Pool for 11 hours a day so any glitches/issues that we find, I'll be sure to get them reported here so we can continue to make the game the best possible.

7.4 No Rail

If after the cue ball strikes a legal ball and neither the cue ball nor any other ball hits a rail or is pocketed, it is a ball in hand foul. A “Frozen” (touching) object ball to the rail does not meet this requirement by virtue of it not “hitting” a rail.

Is it doing this on every missed shot? If you don't contact a rail with either the cue ball or eight ball during your shot attempt it is considered a foul per the rules that the game was programmed with.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#3 10-21-2023 7:22 pm

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

I haven't received a complaint about that specifically.

Ours is more like, I'm on 8 shot. I make an attempt and it doesn't go in.

My opponent now receives BIH because it's saying the 8 isn't a specified solid/stripe.

Hope that helps,

Head Admin of MISFITS Multi Gaming League. Founder of Misfits, Founder of Pool Dreams, Founder of Extreme Cues on Yahoo Pool, and Founder of Yahoo Pool Memories Facebook Group. Dedicated Player and League Operator since 2001.

#4 10-21-2023 7:40 pm

MSHAPPY
MVP Member

when your opponent shoots and u see where all the balls are it will flicker then balls will be totally rearranged. DOne that a few times to me.

#5 10-21-2023 7:42 pm

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

Candy you have to be more specific with date, time etc.

#6 10-23-2023 10:53 am

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

Case,

We have noticed that the game allows you to hit your opponents ball into your own to pot it and then it gives you the next turn.

In real life and on other pool sites, hitting your opponents ball first Trump's potting your own and is considered a foul and your opponent would get Ball in Hand.

#7 10-23-2023 11:21 am

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

Anyway, we are enjoying the site and game very much.

Our members are loving the experience!

We had 16 in our Tournament of Champions in Pool yesterday.

We will continue to identify any areas of concern and see if we can get those tweaked for all of our benefits.

Thanks so much!!!

#8 11-19-2023 5:42 pm

EXTREME
MVP Member
Website

Case,

Can we get the power bar increased?

Would be helpful.

Thanks so much!

#9 11-20-2023 1:43 am

Outlawpool
Website

the power for the break is fine as for the other issues i agree.teach your players english.when i started here that was not a option.and he did increase the break 30 percent as i remember.but bot mode sux.as he dont seem to know how to fix it.and founder of?what a hog wash bunch of crap pool is total crap spinning stick and when making the 8 game wants to contine crappy mess and still hitting my balls in was same in beta mode and i was here first when it rolled out not seen enough fixes hire someone to fix it or relist it as beta mode

Last edited by Outlawpool (12-04-2023 6:30 pm)

Board footer