#1 05-05-2020 7:31 am

Case

New Bowling Chat - Hopefully faster and less freezes!

Hi all,

We just rolled out a new version of chat to the bowling rooms.   The next time you reload into one of the bowling rooms you will get an updated version. 

You will know you are in a test chat room if the "Send" button at the bottom is green instead of the normal color.

We are testing running chat in a different way that has the potential to improve performance while you are playing.   This should mean you won't see the arrow slow down when people chat or come and go in chat if it works like I think it might.

This is just a test so please let us know if you notice any changes!  We will make some tweaks to the chat if it works out to make it match more exactly to what we have now appearance wise, etc.

Thanks,
Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

#2 05-05-2020 9:15 am

Janiceann62

Re: New Bowling Chat - Hopefully faster and less freezes!

much better i love it keep up the good work

Hi i;m Jani and I am Head admin in steppers
Janice Ann Waite

#3 05-07-2020 2:49 am

Micmon224

Sorry, but our 5/6/20 Bowling night had Chat delays that lengthened, more & more, while we played! By the time we finished the 2nd tourney, it took each other's Chat (short or long remarks,) more than 40 sec to appear for reading!! Also, the game kept freezing, then releasing for 1 player.She was frustrated, but patiently played on; I credited her a few wins to her league account to say "TY" --for not leaving the tourney. 

This happened in our league room, not the Beta testing room.

Head Admin: Dragonslayers; Psalms 46:1 & Galatians 5:22 ~Aries~ ~Gwendolyn Brooks' Poem: Weaponed Woman ~Maya Angelou Poems: And Still I Rise; Phenomenal Woman;
On the Pulse of Morning

#4 05-07-2020 10:12 am

Case

Thanks for the detailed report, we will keep working to improve things.   The speed of chat is related to a number of factors including your local Internet speed, our server, etc.   

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

Board footer