#1 05-20-2020 10:06 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

A bug called Captain1217

Today during tours in our league room Captain1217 came in and I twice asked him nicely to leave using the following message...Captain1217 please be advised that this is a league room with scheduled tournaments today.  No guests are allowed during tournaments.  Please use the “public rooms” for bowling until we conclude our tournaments.  Thank you."

After asking him this TWICE i was forced to kick him from the room because of his repeated interruptions to our tournaments with requests to join our league and host tours.  Captain1217 has been a nuisance to us for months now.  He first came into our room and chided us for using "all caps".  This was before Case increased the size of chatbox text and many of our members can't see well so we all used caps to help them see the chats.

Captain1217 repeatedly came back into our room today even after i was forced to kick him out.  So he got kicked 3 more times.  I would like to respectfully request that something be done about this "bug" please.  Thank you kindly in advance for your time and attention to this problem.

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

#2 05-20-2020 12:06 pm

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Re: A bug called Captain1217

As a moderator, I have the ability to "mute" a player...and had he come back once more that's just exactly what I would have done.  I'm not sure about the Head Administrator's abilities but passwording the room may already be an option or may be in the works.  Our HA had to work today so it was just the TD and I running the tours but the HA was watching via her smart phone.

Hey Yall!!  My Name Is Kimberly And  I Enjoy Bowling At Case's Arcade With My Friends.  I Am A Tour Director With The Little Paws League.

#3 05-20-2020 4:25 pm

sugarplum

I go to Account then Site Settings it has this:

Mute Players
You can mute and unmute other players in chat here.

Username

Check it out, it might help the issue.

#4 05-20-2020 8:02 pm

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

I would think having people coming in the room is a good way to expand your league.

#5 05-20-2020 8:07 pm

Sandy19577
MVP Member

I would think so to...I never heard of a league not wanting guest in the room to see if maybe it the right league for them but to each his own. As far as Captain1217 goes he a well known pita at all most every bowling league.

#6 05-21-2020 3:01 am

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Guests are always welcome in our league room as long as tournaments are not in progress.  Many have joined our league after visiting us.  However, after having Captain1217 visit over the past few months it is the general consensus of all members of our league that he is not a good candidate for membership.  So please do not misunderstand me or twist my words.  All it takes is a little courtesy.  If you're not a member of a league and you go into their league room...have the decency to pause and see if a tournament is in progress.  Or ask if it would be alright to bowl there at that time.  I have substituted for our tour director a few times and I can tell you that as tour director I watch "live games".  When you have additional people come in bowling during tours it becomes exceedingly difficult to keep up with live games since there may be more games in progress than will fit on the screen.  So to hold down the confusion and to keep tournament players from being distracted via chat...we respectfully request non-league members to come visit us before or after our tournaments.  Anyone is free to come watch tournaments in progress as long as watching is all they do.  Every league has rules.  League rooms are not "public rooms".  So be mindful and respectful of the league.  That is all.

Last edited by SexySouthernGirl (05-21-2020 3:24 am)

#7 05-21-2020 11:09 am

SaintLouisbbFan
MVP Member

I have been in several leagues and still am in several leagues. You will never have very many members with that attitude.

#8 05-21-2020 2:44 pm

SexySouthernGirl
Website

Well we had enough to get our own room and we've grown since then.  But thank you just the same for expressing your concerns SLF.

#9 05-21-2020 5:31 pm

Case

We just released the ban tool to address these situations.   You can find it on the Manage Room menu.

Case

Founder and Lead Programmer for Case's Arcade, MyLeague.com and Case's Ladder!

Board footer